About Me

My photo
United States
Are we not all on a heroine's or heroe’s journey? It is my younger daughter who first led me into biking, a bit of running and Yoga. As the retirement years approach I now see that I can spend my time in physical sport, a new passion for me, and help people at the same time. For the past two years, I came in first in my age category for the Standard Olympic Triathlon in Farmington, New Mexico ( the first race of my adult life). A native New Mexican, born in Albuquerque, I have lived in several states and abroad but for thirty years have lived Farmington,NM. I have a marvelous husband, three adult children and five grandchildren and many friends who are supporting this cycling venture.

March 30, 2009

Sever storms tomorrow Tuesday, March 31

Wow, we have been and still are in a different climate.  How to deal with the violent lightening and thunderstorms which are not just rain, they create floods and possibly cold and fever. Cherish our dry sun shine state!

We had to clean up a mold problem yesterday afternoon. In a car cooler in the bed of the truck where we stored some extra nylon bags and some other material mold had begun. David has experience with mold from living in Portland, Oregon where it could take your shoes, your brief case, your jacket, your car, your basement and more I am sure. Once it starts you had best take extreme measures or it will only grow in order to break down for fertilizing the world at your feet.

Today we need to take the Nissan truck in for oil change which means finding a RV park to disconnect.  We will go to Opelousas, LA the Confederate capital of Louisiana during the Civil War, it was also the boyhood home of the legendary Jim Bowie and a key town of Cajun country.

No comments: