About Me

My photo
United States
Are we not all on a heroine's or heroe’s journey? It is my younger daughter who first led me into biking, a bit of running and Yoga. As the retirement years approach I now see that I can spend my time in physical sport, a new passion for me, and help people at the same time. For the past two years, I came in first in my age category for the Standard Olympic Triathlon in Farmington, New Mexico ( the first race of my adult life). A native New Mexican, born in Albuquerque, I have lived in several states and abroad but for thirty years have lived Farmington,NM. I have a marvelous husband, three adult children and five grandchildren and many friends who are supporting this cycling venture.

March 23, 2009

Santa Claus incognito as a SAG driver, March 19

While at Buescher State Park, TX, a mother approached David at our camp ing spot to relater that when her son first saw this white bearded man he became mesmerized staring to determine if indeed this was Santa Claus. The boy stared for some time as Santa Claus slowly moved about the camp site and then asked his mother if she thought this was indeed Santa Claus.  His mother replied that they should check the license plates and to the boy's great despair the license plates read not the North Pole but New Mexico.

We both enjoyed watching families and their children or grandchildren enjoy being together.  The children would ride their bikes around the circle. Small ones would watch an adult working on the hitch and as soon as the adult would turn their back the child would touch the hitch to find the greasy feel and then would be found out and wisked away for hand cleaning.  Two girls played the song from Mama Mia " Take a chance on me", I think when their grandparents were not close by.  It was delightful to me to experience these young girls taking joy in the music of ABBA. One of these girls was impressed by my story of cycling across the country.

No comments: