About Me

My photo
United States
Are we not all on a heroine's or heroe’s journey? It is my younger daughter who first led me into biking, a bit of running and Yoga. As the retirement years approach I now see that I can spend my time in physical sport, a new passion for me, and help people at the same time. For the past two years, I came in first in my age category for the Standard Olympic Triathlon in Farmington, New Mexico ( the first race of my adult life). A native New Mexican, born in Albuquerque, I have lived in several states and abroad but for thirty years have lived Farmington,NM. I have a marvelous husband, three adult children and five grandchildren and many friends who are supporting this cycling venture.

March 8, 2009

Gentle moist air and Egrets, mocking birds at San Pedro Island

This morning we awoke to fogged windows just because there is moisture in the air.  Yea! How do we in the desert manage to live with our dry air?  This is like a spa. We have had our breakfast outside. I did my stretching while watching the Egrets hunt and fly, listen to the mocking birds and spotted a Pyrrhuloxia.  Yes, I found the name in one of David's books.  I also have been outside at the picnic table working on the computer.

Next weekend there is to be 5,000 fishermen who will descend upon this reservoir for a fishing competition with large cash prizes.  It is good luck that brought us here this weekend undoubtedly.

Last evening our neighbors at this camp site on San Pedro Island, who are from Manitoba, Canada gave a donation to NUMC. Thank you!  This morning these same neighbors were kind enough to alert us to the change in time to Daylight savings time so it is in this one week that we have lost two hours.  An adjustment to be sure!

No comments: