About Me

My photo
United States
Are we not all on a heroine's or heroe’s journey? It is my younger daughter who first led me into biking, a bit of running and Yoga. As the retirement years approach I now see that I can spend my time in physical sport, a new passion for me, and help people at the same time. For the past two years, I came in first in my age category for the Standard Olympic Triathlon in Farmington, New Mexico ( the first race of my adult life). A native New Mexican, born in Albuquerque, I have lived in several states and abroad but for thirty years have lived Farmington,NM. I have a marvelous husband, three adult children and five grandchildren and many friends who are supporting this cycling venture.

March 23, 2009

Another stop at a bike shop in Bastrop, TX

On Thursday, March 19th I took my bike in because the front gears were not operating.  The mechanic was managing adventure kayak rides so the bike was looked at and then I had to wait and then it was looked at then I had to wait and had to go for a ride and wouldn't you know there was Bastrop State Park again.  I gave it a hesitating attempt though with little joy for advanced knowledge of the hills inside this park.  Yes the first one was an 11 per center.  Back to the bike shop, the front gears were fixed, the tires filled and off down to major Bastrop across the Colorado River one more time.  When I rode across the Colorado River the first time from California into Arizona I felt elated.  Though this Colorado River is not the same river as it is on the east side of the continental divide. None the less we keep crossing the eastern Colorado River. There is also the Brazoz River and the Pecos River.

No comments: