About Me

My photo
United States
Are we not all on a heroine's or heroe’s journey? It is my younger daughter who first led me into biking, a bit of running and Yoga. As the retirement years approach I now see that I can spend my time in physical sport, a new passion for me, and help people at the same time. For the past two years, I came in first in my age category for the Standard Olympic Triathlon in Farmington, New Mexico ( the first race of my adult life). A native New Mexican, born in Albuquerque, I have lived in several states and abroad but for thirty years have lived Farmington,NM. I have a marvelous husband, three adult children and five grandchildren and many friends who are supporting this cycling venture.

March 1, 2009

The Guide book for becoming a Matadoress

On Thursday, February 26th, while leaving Rockhound State Park I was riding well, the air was a a bit chilly so I stopped to add a fleece jacket and went on down the the road.  Then I spied two bulls with horns that is four horns altogether.  They noticed me, I noticed them.  I noticed however, that they were larger than I and they were outside the fences.  Was it going to be a standoff? I, as you are well aware, know that I can not produce great speed and most animals would out run me in the first 500 yards. What to do?  Keep pedaling seemed to be the best approach.  I felt that the larger one was interested in my not becoming part of getting him back inside the fence.  I did not care where he was so long as he did not come closer to me.  Luckily the younger one, a tad smaller made a dash towards the older one, likely to seek protection, thank God!  That movement distracted the older from concentrating his thoughts on me.  Later the next day I realized what I might have kept in mind was that I could stop and use the bike as a shield.  It would seem I need to work on quicker reactions.

No comments: