About Me

My photo
United States
Are we not all on a heroine's or heroe’s journey? It is my younger daughter who first led me into biking, a bit of running and Yoga. As the retirement years approach I now see that I can spend my time in physical sport, a new passion for me, and help people at the same time. For the past two years, I came in first in my age category for the Standard Olympic Triathlon in Farmington, New Mexico ( the first race of my adult life). A native New Mexican, born in Albuquerque, I have lived in several states and abroad but for thirty years have lived Farmington,NM. I have a marvelous husband, three adult children and five grandchildren and many friends who are supporting this cycling venture.

April 15, 2009

This is beginning to feel like race day is approaching

Yesterday, after the big rain the night before, I rode the Tallahassee Rails to Trails path back and forth, for good measure. What a delight!!!!!  The only creatures in my way were two turtles a snake (small one), cardinals, mockingbirds, and a bluebird that I could identify and I was even hit by a butterfly. Yes, a few cyclists too, but they were the same species as myself.  The rain had been expected, it left some of our neighbor camping spots flooded and some of the Rails to Trails path was a puddle. Having a boat here might be a good idea.

After hooking up this morning, David will drop the bike and myself off for today's ride towards Gainesville where we will meet up with friend Susan who lived in Farmington until this past July, teaching with Judith at Kirtland but returning to her native Florida.  How fun!  This will help in the feeling of celebration for approaching St. Augustine.

Friday morning I will have a telephone interview with KSJE, college raidio station with Scott Michlin at 9:45am Florida time.

No comments: