About Me

My photo
United States
Are we not all on a heroine's or heroe’s journey? It is my younger daughter who first led me into biking, a bit of running and Yoga. As the retirement years approach I now see that I can spend my time in physical sport, a new passion for me, and help people at the same time. For the past two years, I came in first in my age category for the Standard Olympic Triathlon in Farmington, New Mexico ( the first race of my adult life). A native New Mexican, born in Albuquerque, I have lived in several states and abroad but for thirty years have lived Farmington,NM. I have a marvelous husband, three adult children and five grandchildren and many friends who are supporting this cycling venture.

April 5, 2009

Goodbye Louisiana, Hello Mississippi and Alabama

Yesterday, Saturday, April 4th, riding in Mississippi, I had good roads though with no shoulder but the surface, weather and traffic were excellent.  The dogs though proved something else.  The first experience were two rottweilers within a fenced area.  Both came charging towards me at the front of the fence along the road. Luckily they fought each for first place for best scarring place. Then I came across another set of dogs behind a fence except the fence did not contain them. The most determined "I'll tear you apart growling barker" was a nursing mother, if she had been a mother bear protecting her young I would have been toast.

We camped at Shepard Municipal State Park on a tidal marsh, outside of Gautier, Mississippi. This Sunday, morning we drove through Mobile, AL and then I rode on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay past a Pollo Field that looked exclusive with beautifully tended pastures and a brick driveway entrance to the locked gate.

David now tells me taht for several nights we have been camping where there are alligators. He noticed a sign for our park tonight which warns not to leave your dog tied up for the alligators believe it is a little gift.  That is all right for I am not planning to walk outside the Argosy until daylight. More timid news is that we seem to have a chorus of singing frogs.

No comments: