About Me

My photo
United States
Are we not all on a heroine's or heroe’s journey? It is my younger daughter who first led me into biking, a bit of running and Yoga. As the retirement years approach I now see that I can spend my time in physical sport, a new passion for me, and help people at the same time. For the past two years, I came in first in my age category for the Standard Olympic Triathlon in Farmington, New Mexico ( the first race of my adult life). A native New Mexican, born in Albuquerque, I have lived in several states and abroad but for thirty years have lived Farmington,NM. I have a marvelous husband, three adult children and five grandchildren and many friends who are supporting this cycling venture.

April 20, 2009

Saying goodbye for now

Sunday morning the three of us returned to St. Augustine.  Our RV spot was across the bridge in Anastasia Island.  We took a few more photographs to complete the story of our arrival to the appointed goal. The three of us visited the fort which was never taken in battle.  It's walls are eighteen inches thick at the base made up of rock which has formed from sea shells and is a marvel. Andrew left us to ride north staying along the coast for a few more days and slowly making his way back to Ft. Collins, CO. One of his sayings is : "What shall I do today?  Oh, I'll ride my bike."  Thank you, Andrew!

David and I ambled a bit, bought some coffee which was not as good as the last coffee we had in Austin, TX. Luckily I was paying attention to the signs and a store owner alerted me to the fact that on St. George Street, one will be fined $100 and the bike taken if one is caught riding the bike along the designated pedestrian path.  We sat for time drinking our coffee when a young man, John, asked about the Felt bike.  We visited about biking for fifteen minutes or more learning that there was a super ride on A-1-A for 60 miles or so, but not this visit.  Besides my lower back had begun to whine.  I rode over the bridge and back to our RV spot to prepare to leave homeward bound.


No comments: