About Me

My photo
United States
Are we not all on a heroine's or heroe’s journey? It is my younger daughter who first led me into biking, a bit of running and Yoga. As the retirement years approach I now see that I can spend my time in physical sport, a new passion for me, and help people at the same time. For the past two years, I came in first in my age category for the Standard Olympic Triathlon in Farmington, New Mexico ( the first race of my adult life). A native New Mexican, born in Albuquerque, I have lived in several states and abroad but for thirty years have lived Farmington,NM. I have a marvelous husband, three adult children and five grandchildren and many friends who are supporting this cycling venture.

April 6, 2009

Cold head wind to Ferry landing which was closed

Coastal wind is normal for the coast so David tells me.  Today, April 6th, I had normal coastal weather, rather chilly in the 50's and a good strong head wind that often attempted to be a gymnastic show off. First five miles was through the beach resort of the Gulf Shores, then five miles of a actual bike path meandering through a park with trees which help shield for the wind but numerous stops for driveways, then a road with a brand new surface.  The Ferry was not operating because of the extreme winds.  Once again a port has a Civil War battle history.  That is the port for Mobile Bay.   South  of the bay is a sand pit Ft. Morgan which was still operating during World War II.  Many off shore oil drilling rigs for decoration.

Yes, I was riding west today to make up for our having driven through Mobile yesterday.

No comments: