About Me

My photo
United States
Are we not all on a heroine's or heroe’s journey? It is my younger daughter who first led me into biking, a bit of running and Yoga. As the retirement years approach I now see that I can spend my time in physical sport, a new passion for me, and help people at the same time. For the past two years, I came in first in my age category for the Standard Olympic Triathlon in Farmington, New Mexico ( the first race of my adult life). A native New Mexican, born in Albuquerque, I have lived in several states and abroad but for thirty years have lived Farmington,NM. I have a marvelous husband, three adult children and five grandchildren and many friends who are supporting this cycling venture.

April 18, 2009

Arrived in St. Augustine about 4pm Friday, April 17, 2009

It was a long ride but aren't they all?  The weather was overcast to begin with but the temperature held even with a breeze which sometimes turned into a coastal head wind.  I had Andrew as a riding companion thank goodness for a companion makes the ride much more enjoyable.  We rode 102 miles in two days my max to this point.  A bridge was out on our route but we rode up to it and found that it was passable for a bike.

Today, Saturday we drove into town to act like tourists had a lunch which included a taste of alligator tail.  So much history that I do not know, so many books which need to be read. Tomorrow we will begin our journey back home.

Will post some photographs of St. Augustine and an explanation of a few days before the last one.

Again, thank you for your support!

1 comment:

Susan Lenaburg said...

Congratulations Diana. I enjoyed visiting with you and David. This is quite an accomplishment.