About Me

My photo
United States
Are we not all on a heroine's or heroe’s journey? It is my younger daughter who first led me into biking, a bit of running and Yoga. As the retirement years approach I now see that I can spend my time in physical sport, a new passion for me, and help people at the same time. For the past two years, I came in first in my age category for the Standard Olympic Triathlon in Farmington, New Mexico ( the first race of my adult life). A native New Mexican, born in Albuquerque, I have lived in several states and abroad but for thirty years have lived Farmington,NM. I have a marvelous husband, three adult children and five grandchildren and many friends who are supporting this cycling venture.

February 26, 2009

It's a Red Italian "Felt" Bike

Yet another confession.  It was only a few days ago that I discovered how to find and read comments.  There is  an old one form my family in Alaska to respond to. 

Yes, Gage I have a red bike.  Yesterday we traveled past a town (?) in New Mexico, off of Hwy 10 which is named "Gage".  Can you believe that?  This is even more odd since we had been staying for several nights in Graham County, Arizona looking at Graham mountain.  I am checking email nearly each day so can respond through that medium also.

The sun is now reaching our trailer so I need to get on the road.  In this portion of New Mexico wind is an issue and winds seem to be stronger in the afternoon.  The Chola cactus is in bloom as were the cottonwood trees in Safford, AZ.  It is spring here folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana & David,
I was just catching up on your trip again. It sounds like a journey you could never forget! Your blogs are fun to read and descriptive.
The walkie talkies are called FRS (family Radio service). Some claim a range of 8 miles or more but likely 3 to 6 miles in the open. Cell phones would work better but I don't think you have them since you would be using them or there is some other problem.
Since you pre-arrange a meeting place, you should be near each other. The walkie talkies would work great for that and make it easier to make contact.
Take care,
Ron