About Me

My photo
United States
Are we not all on a heroine's or heroe’s journey? It is my younger daughter who first led me into biking, a bit of running and Yoga. As the retirement years approach I now see that I can spend my time in physical sport, a new passion for me, and help people at the same time. For the past two years, I came in first in my age category for the Standard Olympic Triathlon in Farmington, New Mexico ( the first race of my adult life). A native New Mexican, born in Albuquerque, I have lived in several states and abroad but for thirty years have lived Farmington,NM. I have a marvelous husband, three adult children and five grandchildren and many friends who are supporting this cycling venture.

February 25, 2009

Back on Track

Today Wednesday, February 25, 2009 I am pleased to report that the last two days of biking have gone exceptionally well.   Yesterday my ride required a rise in elevation of at least 1400 feet in a distance of  35 miles. We have had hot summer weather for the past two days at 98 degrees yesterday but since the land has not heated yet up it has felt rather gentle. I am ever more and continually aware of when I bike a rise in elevation which just does not seem to be such a big deal when in a powerful truck with 100 times more horse power than I have.

We realize more each day how many facets we must rely upon to keep this trip going.  The truck, the trailer, the SAG driver, the bike but also the body of the cyclist must all be able to perform well and dependably.  It would seem that without a house elf traveling with us David and Diana are obliged to both be the support staff for the trip.  Today is a day to complete tasks such as laundry, bill paying,  shopping, and dumping the septic of the trailer too.

We are in gratitude each day for team work, the weather and for mechanical elements which work and the support we have been given for this journey.


No comments: