About Me

My photo
United States
Are we not all on a heroine's or heroe’s journey? It is my younger daughter who first led me into biking, a bit of running and Yoga. As the retirement years approach I now see that I can spend my time in physical sport, a new passion for me, and help people at the same time. For the past two years, I came in first in my age category for the Standard Olympic Triathlon in Farmington, New Mexico ( the first race of my adult life). A native New Mexican, born in Albuquerque, I have lived in several states and abroad but for thirty years have lived Farmington,NM. I have a marvelous husband, three adult children and five grandchildren and many friends who are supporting this cycling venture.

January 6, 2009

Mood changes with increased workouts

The mood changes with these increased workouts makes one wonder at times just how stable the world is.  Where is the research about the changes within the body of a 60's plus woman who has begun to exercise more?  Not more than the gym crowd nor more than many sports involved persons but just more than the general population.  Yes, there are many days in which I can feel my body creating more cells to  make up for the ones which have been used up.  In the book"Younger Next Year" the physiology is well advanced but the mood swings are a kicker.
Winter does not help, too many grey skies and I live in the land of Enchantment where we are supposedly expecting 350 days or so of sunshine each year.  We love the moisture for the spring will be grand.  It is just the seasonal disorder that takes one down plus changing one's direction.  That changed direction,of course, is leaving one's teaching job and massage therapy practice and B&B business in order to raise funds for a women's transitional shelter.

No comments: