About Me

My photo
United States
Are we not all on a heroine's or heroe’s journey? It is my younger daughter who first led me into biking, a bit of running and Yoga. As the retirement years approach I now see that I can spend my time in physical sport, a new passion for me, and help people at the same time. For the past two years, I came in first in my age category for the Standard Olympic Triathlon in Farmington, New Mexico ( the first race of my adult life). A native New Mexican, born in Albuquerque, I have lived in several states and abroad but for thirty years have lived Farmington,NM. I have a marvelous husband, three adult children and five grandchildren and many friends who are supporting this cycling venture.

May 3, 2009

Back in Texas

We were working to put some miles behind deciding that we would drive to the west side of Houston on Monday night.  Met torrential rain, needed to get off of the freeway for David could not see the dividing line thought we would need to bake up from the place we parked but after the rain let up we were able to drive forward.  Then we did not do so well, managed to find a Wal-Mart to park for the night.  Felt like home and delightful and cozy to get into our little Pullman Car and retire in our dry beds.

No comments: